“He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree…; by his wounds you have been healed.”
Music is powerful to calm a mind in turmoil, but healing the fractured mind is difficult, and often impossible.
Jesus had the power to heal both mind and body, the ‘evil spirit’ as well as the paralytic.
Jesus’ miracles of healing are not superstitious inventions, but signs of his divine authority – the authority to bring relief and health to the human condition, to heal the rift between man and God.
Helpful Bible references to consider
- The Bible uses physical disease and disability as a symbol of moral weakness. Medical science has produced amazing advances in the treatment of physical and mental illness, but what is really needed is a remedy for our spiritual disease. Only this will produce a genuine improvement in the human condition.
(Read: Isaiah 1:4-6; Rom.7:14-25)
- Jesus’ miracles of healing were the proof of his authority to do something far more important – to remove our sins, heal our sin-disabled nature.
(Read: Matt.11:5; Matt.9:2-8)
- This authority comes from God, who alone is able to change our nature.
(Read: Deut.32:39; Psalm 103:3)
- Jesus offered himself as the prefect sacrifice for sin, the means by which our sins can be forgiven, our nature healed and restored.
(Read: Is.53:4-12; Rom.4:25)
- When the earth is restored to its original beauty in God’s kingdom, all our diseases and disabilities will be removed. The rift between man and his Creator will be healed.
(Read: Isaiah 35:6)