“Great peace have they who love your law.”
So longed for, so elusive…
Peace among nations, peace at home, inner peace – everywhere we need God’s help to create the right conditions for peace to flourish.
The promise of Jesus’ birth – ‘on earth peace’ – will soon become a reality on a world-wide scale.
Having confidence in that future will also bring us peace now in a troubled and restless age.
Helpful Bible references to consider
- Love for God brings real peace of mind into our lives, no matter how difficult our circumstances.
(Read: Psalm 119:165; Phil.4:6-9)
- Jesus as our mediator has reconciled us to God, and given us peace with him.
- A world that, in God’s eyes, lies in wickedness, can never experience real peace. But God has promised a great change to come.
- All God’s promises to his people anticipate a time of perfect peace in the future, when the earth will be full of God’s glory.
(Read: Psalm 72; Is.2:2-4; Hab.2:14)
- These promises will be realised when Jesus returns as the King of God’s Kingdom on earth, and all nations submit to his righteous rule.
(Read: Luke 1:31-32; 2:14: Is.9:6-7; 11:1-5: 32:17-18)
- The whole of Creation will share in this peace and harmony, which was intended by God in the beginning, but disrupted by Adam’s sin.
(Read: Is.11:6-9; Is.65:25)
- To prepare ourselves for a place in that future, we must promote peace now.
(Read: Psalm 34:14; Matt.5:9; Heb.12:14)