World news is usually bad news nowadays. But unlike today’s newspapers, Great News for the World makes exciting and reassuring reading.
Gently but surely its scientist author, Alan Hayward, leads his readers towards a satisfying faith. He gives solid reasons for believing God really exists and that He cares deeply about the sorry state of the world. That is why Jesus Christ will return to the earth soon, to rescue it from the threat of disaster.
Other great doctrines of Christianity are also explained simply in this convincing book. Why did Jesus have to be crucified? Is there life after death? What does it mean to be a Christian? The Bible comes alive as questions like this are answered from its pages.
Originally published in 1976, but now out-of-print, the message of this book is even more relevant today.
Great News for the World, by Alan Hayward (95 pages).
Published by Christadelphians Worldwide.
Each of the chapters can be played online.
- Chapter 1: First the bad news
Current world problems and where they are leading. [15 min. / 7.2mb]
- Chapter 2: Rescue operation [16 min. / 7.9mb] The Bible’s promise of the return of Christ.
- Chapter 3: Flight path for a nation [21 min. / 10mb] Jewish history and current events in Israel confirm that God has a plan.
- Chapter 4: All change [25 min. / 11.9mb] How all our lives will change for the better.
- Chapter 5: Jailbreak [22 min. / 10.5mb] Why the crucifixion of Jesus is so important to us all.
- Chapter 6: The dotted line [25 min. / 12.1mb] The terms of the ‘contract’ we can make between us a God.
- Chapter 7: Into the unknown [20 min. / 9.7mb] The Bible-based truth about ourselves and our future.
- Chapter 8: Plan for a planet [30 min. / 14.4mb] What living under the future worldwide government will really be like.
- Chapter 9: An ancient faith in modern dress [22 min. / 10.5mb] What the Bible says about being a proper ‘Christian’ today.
- Chapter 10: Can we afford it? [6 min. / 3mb] The cost of being – or not being – involved in God’s plan for the future.